At 4pm today, it is the National Rail Awards 2020 Virtual Ceremony
3.30pm – Countdown begins
Log onto the virtual National Rail Awards from 3.30pm. Use this time to set up your personal profile and begin networking with your colleagues and peers.
4.00pm – Virtual National Rail Awards commence
Hosts, BBC’s Huw Edwards, and RAIL‘s Nigel Harris.
Order of categories:
- Customer Service Excellence
- Sustainable Business Award
- Safety Achievement of the Year
- Infrastructure Achievement of the Year
- Freight and Logistics Achievement of the Year
- Innovation of the Year
- Fleet Excellence
- Outstanding Teamwork Award
- Station of the Year (Haslemere is nominated .. read here)
- Great Place to Work
- Passenger Operator of the Year
- Outstanding Personal Contribution
Closing remarks from your hosts and opportunity to continue networking with other registrants.
5.15pm – virtual awards come to a close
Here is an email the Haslemere Community Rail Partnership received earlier today:
From: Mark Hopwood <Mark.Hopwood@swrailway.com>
Date: 17 September 2020 at 9:00:23 am BST
Subject: Good Luck at the National Rail Awards
I wanted to wish you good luck ahead of the National Rail Awards this evening as you compete for the title of Medium Station of the year.
I know how hard you have all worked to make Haslemere a great station for our customers and communities, with flower displays, artwork, and the Haslemere Hub.
Whichever way these awards go, I hope that the hard work you have all made into making Haslemere great continues.
Interim Managing Director