The local elections in May 2021 will provide independent councillor candidates with an excellent opportunity to stand and be elected.
This virtual event will provide current and prospective independent Surrey County Council (SCC), Borough and District candidates and election agents with:
- Insights to develop your election plan
- Information to develop themes and key messages for your manifesto
- Guidance on how to use social media to engage the electorate
- Provide insight and tips on running your campaign
This event is open to anyone in Surrey who is interested in standing as an independent councillor as well as for election agents. Whilst many of the topics will be especially relevant to those standing in May 2021, this event is open to anyone who has expressed an interest in standing as an independent candidate in Surrey, so please feel free to share this invitation.
We have an excellent group of speakers including:
- Cllr Nick Darby, Leader of SCC Independent Group
- Cllr Julian German, Leader Cornwall County Council and Vice Chair of the LGAs Culture, Tourism & Sport Board
- Cllr Neil Prior, Cabinet Member for Transformation at Pembrokeshire County Council and Deputy Chair on the LGA Improvement & Innovation Board
- Cllr Paul Woodhead, Cannock Chase District Council and Leader of Chase Community Independents Group
- Cllr Jason Zadronzy, Leader of Ashfield District Council and Independent representative on the District Council Network (DCN)
Due to the sensitivity of the event, individuals will need to sign up and they can do so via the following link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/133243166899 The virtual details will be sent closer to the time of the event.