Today I’m attending the Economic Prosperity, Environment and Highways Board meeting. Here is the agenda:
Economic Prosperity, Environment and Highways Board Wednesday, 21 October 2015 10.30 am
- Attendance details
- Agenda frontsheet PDF 181 KB
- Agenda reports pack PDF 2 MB
- Add meeting to your calendar using VCS format
Venue: Ashcombe, County Hall, Penrhyn Road, Kingston upon Thames, KT1 2DN
Contact: Huma Younis or Dominic Mackie, Room 122, County Hall, Kingston upon Thames
|1.||APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE AND SUBSTITUTIONS|
|2.||MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING: 9 SEPTEMBER 2015 PDF 269 KB
To agree the previous minutes as a true record of the meeting.
|3.||DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
To receive any declarations of disclosable pecuniary interests from Members in respect of any item to be considered at the meeting.
· In line with the Relevant Authorities (Disclosable Pecuniary Interests) Regulations 2012, declarations may relate to the interest of the member, or the member’s spouse or civil partner, or a person with whom the member is living as husband or wife, or a person with whom the member is living as if they were civil partners and the member is aware they have the interest.
· Members need only disclose interests not currently listed on the Register of Disclosable Pecuniary Interests.
· Members must notify the Monitoring Officer of any interests disclosed at the meeting so they may be added to the Register.
· Members are reminded that they must not participate in any item where they have a disclosable pecuniary interest.
|4.||QUESTIONS AND PETITIONS
To receive any questions or petitions.
· The deadline for Member’s questions is 12.00pm four working days before the meeting (Thursday 15 October 2015)
· The deadline for public questions is seven days before the meeting (Wednesday 14 October 2015).
· The deadline for petitions was 14 days before the meeting, and no petitions have been received.
|5.||RECOMMENDATIONS TRACKER AND FORWARD WORK PROGRAMME PDF 51 KB
The board is asked to monitor progress on the implementation of recommendations from previous meetings and to review its forward work programme.
|6.||UPDATES FROM MEMBER REFERENCE GROUPS AND TASK GROUPS
To receive a verbal update from the boards task groups and member reference groups.
|7.||THE AGREEMENT BETWEEN SURREY COUNTY COUNCIL AND SURREY WILDLIFE TRUST TO MANAGE THE COUNTRYSIDE ESTATE PDF 98 KB
Purpose of the Report: Scrutiny of Services and Performance Management/ Policy Development
This report updates the Board on the review of the Agreement between Surrey County Council and Surrey Wildlife Trust (SWT) to manage the County Council’s Countryside Estate. A decision will be going to the County Council’s Cabinet in November 2015, an outline draft of which is attached. This will set out the variations to the current Agreement and the monitoring process put in place to ensure the service is delivered to the agreed standards. The Board is asked to provide feedback on the proposed changes to the Agreement.
|8.||SHAPING SURREY’S COMMUNITY RECYCLING CENTRES PDF 242 KB
Purpose of the report: Scrutiny of Services/ Policy Development
To enable scrutiny of proposals to change the service offered at the Community Recycling Centres (CRCs) to reduce costs and meet savings targets.
These proposals are due to be presented to Cabinet in November.
|9.||INTERNAL AUDIT REPORT ON THE REVIEW OF WASTE MANAGEMENT AND MINIMISATION PDF 83 KB
Purpose of the report: Scrutiny of Services
To review the summary of audit findings and Management Action Plan produced as a result of an internal audit review of the Waste Management and Minimisation 2014/15.
|10.||DATE OF NEXT MEETING: 10 DECEMBER 2015
The next meeting of the Economic Prosperity, Environment and Highways board will be held on 10 December at 10.30am in the Ashcombe Suite, County Hall, Kingston upon Thames.