Each Surrey County Councillor receives a members’ allocation of £10,600 per year. This year’s must be allocated by the end of February, 2016. Funding applications must meet the following criteria:
- projects must benefit the community and be inclusive and accessible to all
- meet the Council’s agreed policies or priorities
- one off projects
- supported by the local County Councillor
- political organisations
- delivery of the national curriculum
- on going revenue costs
- statutory obligations of other authorities
- retrospective bids are discouraged
Please contact me if you would be interested in applying for funding for a community project at email@example.com. The application process has been simplified and is now a straightforward process. Once an application has been agreed, funding is transferred to the applicant within 2 weeks.
In past years some Haslemere organisations (to name but a few) that have successfully applied for funding include The Citizens’ Advice Bureau, First Haslemere Scouts, Haslemere Hockey Club, Haslewey, Woolmer Hill, Haslemere Library.